A typical window will last up to twenty years or more. Whether you are replacing one window, completely renovating your home, or building a new home, the decision to purchase new windows is an important one.
Before selecting a company to purchase and install your new windows, make sure you do your research on the company first, or ask these important questions:
1. Are your installers professional on-staff carpenters or are your installers sub-contractors?
2. Do your sales staff work on commission?
3. Does the company have WSIB Insurance to protect you from any liabilities?
4. Does your company have a solid reputation with a list of many satisfied customers that I can contact? Is it financially in good standing?
5. Are your windows CSA Certified?
6. Are your windows Energy Star qualified? Energy efficient windows must meet certain criteria in order to pass.
7. Is the type of installation being quoted as a Retro Fit or as a Full Frame Out?
8. Is the quotation an estimate or the final price to be invoiced?
9. Do you have a service department to send someone out quickly should I have a problem with my new doors or windows?
10. Who will be able to speak with me regarding my project once we begin? Will there only be one person familiar with my account or will anyone be able to help me?
11. Are you members of any major associations like Kingston Home Builders Association, Kingston Construction Association, Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, or KTW Readers Choice Award winners?
For over 30 years, Aaben has been among Kingston’s No. 1 sources for Windows and Doors • No Subcontracting – Written Warranty – Fully Insured – WSIB.
Get your free estimate »